Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Footprints

Hey all,

Have you ever thought about what kind of "footprint" you are leaving on this life?

Think about a footprint for a moment. Our footprints tell us where we have been. They tell us where we are going. They tell us what direction we are walking. They can tell us how fast we are going. They tell us what kind of load we are carrying. They tell us if we are alone or if we have others walking with us.

Ask yourself this......"What kind of footprint are you leaving in this life?" I read an article this morning that stirred my heart on this. It was a letter from a Dad to his two kids reflecting on his life of over 70 years. In it he mentions that he really wishes that he would have been more "conscience of his footprint on this earth". He wishes he would have been more thoughtful about how he spent his time and the "trail" he left behind. I thought that this was really profound and deserving of some further thought. Maybe it is my age, but there seems to be a deeper meaning to my life when I have a consciousness about the footprint (or trail) I am leaving behind. I just feel more responsible for what I do when I live that way.

What does your trail (footprints) look like? Are you walking the right direction? Do you remember your path? Jesus says that "narrow is the path that leads to life and few find it". Take a moment, like I did, and reflect on your footprints. It just might tell you something about where you are and where you are going.

Strength and Honor,

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment