Sunday, December 11, 2011

Honor

Hey all,

What does it mean to honor someone? I heard a definition at church today that honor means "to bring someone or something esteem". Esteem means "to provide respect and admiration". If you are like me, too often I view honor as an inward thing. I want to be honorable in my thoughts, values, etc.. and that is all good. We should have honor in those things. Inward honor breeds character.


But check this out......our ability to honor is also for others. We are called not only to be honorable......but to honor others as well. When we honor someone, by providing respect and admiration, we are putting our self behind and someone else in front. We are serving. We are giving life to others. Think about that. If we are honorable but don't honor we are missing the chance to instill that in others. As always...I will sign off with.....


Strength and Honor,


-SW




No comments:

Post a Comment