Sunday, April 8, 2012

Father and Masters,

Hey all,

There are certain things that happen in our lives that are truly memorable.  I had one of those yesterday. 

I had the blessing and privilege of spending the day with my Father at the Masters golf tournament in Augusta, GA.  My Dad is retired and works at a Golf course...........so obviously he loves golf.  While he is getting up there in years, he can still hit them pretty good too. He still beats me every time we play. 

Going to Augusta National to see the Masters was a very special day for him. A life long dream and "Bucket list" item.  It was special.  

It was even more special for me.  Besides just being at Augusta with all it's history and tradition............I was able to spend an entire day with my Dad.  We had a great time talking, hanging out, watching golf, and just enjoying the  beauty of Augusta and our day together. 

For those that have been to the Masters, you know that you cannot take in a camera or cell phone.  Your mental experience is all you can take with you.  Sure, you can buy stuff at the gift shop, but you have only your mind to take the memories with you.  It was great to be free for a day and not be distracted by the cell phone, email, text's.  We both relaxed and just enjoyed the day together.  Not distracted by anything but each other and the event. 

Too often we try and capture all of our "experiences" on camera, video, etc, then rush to post it on whatever social media we have. In our need to get it out to the public or capture it on photo or video.....we lose the memory of it completely.  We leave our mental memory card empty.  How often are you filling your mental memory card instead of using your camera phone?  If you are like me, not nearly enough.

After Friday with my Father at the Masters..........my mental memory card is full.    

And its not with golf.

Strength and Honor,

-S 







No comments:

Post a Comment