Monday, April 23, 2012

Compulsive Planning

Hey all,

Have you ever been so consumed with planning things in your life that you fail to live?  I read something this morning that really rocked my world,  Check this out.

"Walk with me in holy trust.  Responding to My initiatives rather than make things fit your plans. I died to set you free and that includes freedom from compulsive planning. When your mind spins with a multitude of thoughts, you cannot hear My voice. A mind preoccupied with planning pays homage to the idol of control. Turn from this idolatry and back to Me.  Listen to Me and live abundantly."

From "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young.

Wow.....is that not dead on or what?  When we are so obsessed with our own plans, we cannot hear.  Our minds are "spinning" with all of the plans we feel that we have to make happen that we miss the very source of Life.  HIM!  In our efforts to plan out our life, we end up missing it.

Check out John 8:36, 10:27 and Proverbs 19:21 for some great wisdom on compulsive planning.

Compulsive planning?  Stop spinning and start listening. 

Abundanat Life.  Very cool.

Strength and Honor,

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment