Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Candle or Torch

Hey all,

I just finished a great book called "Halftime" by Bob Buford.  It was given to me by a friend who must have sensed that it would speak to me in a profound way.........and it did.  If you are in the "second half" of your life.....meaning in your 40-50's.  I strongly recommend you pick up a copy. 

There is a quote in Buford's book from George Bernard Shaw that really spoke to me........so I thought I would share

"I rejoice in life for its own sake." Shaw said in an address in 1907. "Life is no brief candle to me.  Its sort of a splendid torch which I've got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations".

I don't know about you, but I want to be a torch.  A splendid torch that burns brightly for others to see and be drawn to.  Not for me mind you, but for the impact I can have on others.  To make a difference in others lives by how I live my life.  I want to use my gifts to the full every day.  I want to use up this life and burn brightly........and go out on "empty". 

And pass the torch to others.

Strength and Honor,

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment