Thursday, June 11, 2015

Hey all,

The next entry in the 12 "Be's" is Be Fruitful.

From a previous post a couple of years ago....here you go.

Check this out. When we think about what "More Life" looks like........this might help you see it more clearly. It did for me while doing a study this week so I thought I would share.


Follow this.....

- John 10:10 says that Jesus "came so we could have Life, and have it to the full". There is more life to be lived.

- Proverbs 4:23 says that "Above all else, guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life". Life comes from what is in our hearts.

- Galatians 5:16 says "Live by the Spirit and you will not gratify the sinful nature". We are to have the Spirit in our heart to fend off sin.

- Galatians 5:22 says that "the fruits of the Spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control"". The Spirit (More life) looks like the outward expression of the fruits of the Spirit.


So if we add all this up then it starts to make sense.

Using the statement below to prompt our thoughts and using the fruits of the Spirit as our guide.....it is pretty easy to see. My answers are below.

I feel "More Life" when.........

- I feel loved and am loving others outwardly
- I have joy in my heart that cannot be contained. I am infectious. I am happy.
- I have a peace in my soul that helps me to not worry.
- I feel I am patient with others and worldly things, even when i don't think they don't deserve it:)
- I am kind to others without trying.
- I see the good in my circumstances and I am fighting for good.
- My faith is more important than the events of my day.
- I feel a compassion and gentle spirit towards others or circumstances.
- I can demonstrate self control on things I usually cannot.
- I am in step with the Spirit.

The Fruits of the Spirit are more life! Try filling in the statements for yourself.

Strength and Honor,

-S


No comments:

Post a Comment