Sunday, November 16, 2014

Your time here

Hey all,

I went to the funeral of a work associate and friend this week.  His name was Victor.  He died of brain cancer after a long battle over the last 2-1/2 years.  I was blessed to have known him during our short time that our paths crossed.  I will always remember him and especially his testimony he gave last year at our Christmas party while in the middle of his battle with cancer.

Victor was a man who made the most of his life.  He was a very quiet man but he was on a mission.  Once he came to know the Lord....he set about on a mission to make sure that everyone would know that the Lord he knew was available to them as well.  He had a passion to let others know about his "Jesus".  He was a quiet soldier.  When he was asked by a friend....."Do you ever wonder....why did this happen to me?".  Victor answered......."I have never asked that......instead I asked....Why not me?".  Victor never questioned the plan the Lord had for his life......regardless of the outcome. 

Not many of us will have the opportunity to "plan" our funeral....but Victor did.  He knew exactly what he wanted.  He laid out exactly what he wanted and what he wanted everyone to hear.   It was simple. 

Do you know Jesus?

Do you know that HE loves you?

Do you know that HE is waiting for you?

Do you know that HE is the ONLY way to truly be "free"?

All Victor wanted was to make sure that you know that the same Jesus that saved him wants to save you too.  His love for others to come to the Lord was inspiring.
Victor did all he could in his generation to bring others to know his Saviour. 

I was reminded that this is really all of our shared purpose in this life as believers.

It made me want to do more for HIM in my generation as well.

Thank you Victor. 

Strength and Honor,

-S
 

No comments:

Post a Comment