Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pain

Hey All,

It has been a couple of years since this happened but I have wanted to share since.

Over Thanksgiving break, my daughter fell off a swing and hurt her arm.  She was at the neighbors house and while playing on the swing set in their back yard, she fell.  It was pretty clear that something was seriously wrong.

We took her to the hospital immediately.

Once we arrived at the Emergency Room, we checked her in, and then were told to wait.  There did not seem to be that many people waiting, but it still seemed like it took forever.  As a parent, I was really getting frustrated the more we waited. 

While we waited, I held my daughter in my lap and tried to console her.  She was crying because her arm hurt.  She was in pain and no matter what I did, it did not help. She cried that it hurt so bad.  As a Dad, it was killing me because I wanted to help her but I could'nt.  I could not make the staff move faster and I could not fix it.  I was powerless.

So I started praying. 

I wrapped her in my arms and started praying that the Lord would miracously fix her arm,  I prayed that HE would intervene and do a miracle.  I prayed that HE would show me that HE was there. I prayed like I have never prayed before.

And then HE showed up.

During my praying, she looked up at me and said, "Daddy, my arm doesn't hurt anymore."  I looked at her and  knew that she was healed.  I knew it in my heart.  I hugged her and told her that it was going to be fine.  She was going to be OK.

About thirty minutes later, they called her name and we were brought back to see the Doctor.  They immediately wanted her to have an X-Ray.  I told them that they were OK to do the X-Ray but I was sure that they would not find anything wrong.  I knew that the Lord had already intervened.  I was sure that there was nothing wrong.  She had no more pain.  I told them when they left that they were wasting their time,

They came back a little while later and said that she had broken her arm in two places and it would require surgery to fix it.  We would have to take her to another hospital for surgery in the morning.

I was shocked.  I was sure she was fine.  What happened?   I was sure the Lord had shown up?

The surgery was successful and they placed two pins in her arm.  We spent the next three days at the hospital  She has recovered fully.

In hindsight I have realized that while I felt confused, the Lord really did show up that day.  I was so focused on HIM fixing her arm that I missed the fact that HE showed up and took away her pain away. When I prayed, HE took her pain and gave her peace.  HE took the pain for her.

Going through that, I learned that God doesn't always fix our circumstance the way we want, but HE always shows up when we call HIM.  HE may not change the outcome..........

But HE will take away the pain.

S&H,

-S

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment