Saturday, November 26, 2011

A "Thankful" perspective

Hey all,

Why does it take a weird holiday where you cook more than you could possibly eat in one setting to remind us that we are to be thankful? Maybe there is something in turkey that is supposed to trigger the "thankful" hormone. Maybe it is the pumpkin pie. Maybe the combination of food, fellowship, and football is the combination.


Whatever it is......I suppose that it is a good thing that at least one day a year when we can stop and think about what we have and all that we should be thankful for. If it really is the turkey, then we should eat a portion every day shouldn't we!

I have so many things that I am thankful for. A wonderful wife, a great family, a home, a job, an awesome church, and friends to share life with. But most of all, I am thankful that in 1998, I came to know the Lord Jesus. And it is HIS unconditional love for me that I am most thankful for. Lets face it, without Jesus......we would not have the other things that we say we are thankful for since HE provided it all to us to begin with. Let's not forget what came first.

So we don't really need all the turkey, friends, and football to remind us to be thankful. We only need to remember that HE loves us..........HE provides for us.......and thankfully.....that is all we need.

Ok I will admit, the turkey and other stuff is pretty good too!

Strength, Honor, and more life!

SW

No comments:

Post a Comment